Saturday, October 27, 2007

Carving the Pumpkin


Jason is gone hunting this weekend with his dad and brother. We have been so busy lately that we haven't had a chance to carve our pumpkin. So...the girls and I decided that today was the day. Skyler picked out the perfect design on the computer(one her mother could actually do). Jaylie started gagging when she reached in to pull out the inside of the pumpkin (Skyler and I call it-the guts). That was enough for her, she ended up playing on the swing set the entire time. She would occasionally come over and put her hat on the pumpkin saying "the pumpkie needs a hat". Skyler helped pull out "the guts" and then I was on my own for carving. While I carved, Skyler took a knife and dug up worms and planted pumpkin seeds in the ground so that we could have our own pumpkin patch next year. :) All in all, it was a good time. The picture shows the finished product, along with the girls "baby pumpkins".

No comments: