Saturday, April 26, 2008

My Baby is Nine!!!

I can't believe that she is NINE!!! For her birthday she had a swim party and invited 21 girls. It was a little crazy, but they had fun.

I'm so proud of her and the young lady that she is becoming. She likes to read, craft, act, and sing obnoxiously loud songs with me in the car(we are currently rocking out to Jeremy Camp and Taylor Swift). It is so fun enjoying these things together as she gets older. We now can enjoy music, movies, books, and (my favorite) shopping together. However, there is so many things I miss about her being little. I think the book by Karen Kingsbury "Let Me Hold You Longer" sums up how I feel about her growing up. The book is about holding on to your kids lasts. I can't remember the last time that I lifted her and held her on my hip still small enough for me to hold or the last time that she crawled up in my lap and needed to be rocked to sleep. It is those things that I truly miss. I think the second child lucks out because you realize that they grow up so fast and you hold on longer to these special moments. By the way, this is why I still lay down and sleep with Jaylie every night and why she still has her binkie. I have been told by family that Jaylie gets away with soooo much more than we ever let Skyler. Well, see I'm just holding on to my baby. I have a perfectly good excuse.

Anyway, if you have not read this book and her other book "Let's Go On a Mommy Date"(this is Jaylie's favorite) you have to get them. I cry almost every time I read them. If you don't know anything about Karen Kingsbury she is a Christian author who mainly writes adult Christian fiction. However, she has these two kids books that are amazing. They are not only great for kids, but they really help me to keep my focus on my kids and not to care so much about the laundry piling up or whatever because your kids are only little once. Skyler, Jaylie, and I have read them almost daily since we got them and they are such a reminder to me about what is important.

When Skyler was born I wrote her a letter about the things that I wished for her. Here are a few of them:

1. I hope that she develops a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and accepts Him as her Lord and Savior.]

2. I hope she knows that as she gets older that her mommy and daddy love her no matter what mistakes she makes.

3. I hope she knows that I'm always here to talk to her and that she can tell me anything and that whatever it is we will get through it together.

4. I hope that she gets a college education.

5. I hope that she follows her heart and finds a profession that makes HER happy(right now she wants to be a teacher).

6. I hope that she finds a Christian man that shares in her beliefs to marry.

7. I hope she give me grandchildren(ok, so this one is a little selfish).

8. I hope that when she has those children she fully understand how much I love her.












No comments: