Sunday, February 24, 2008

Jason and Niki's trip to Mexico

Jason and I just got back from Puerto Aventuras, Mexico. It was beautiful and relaxing. It makes me wonder why we are living in Missouri when there are places like that with beautiful weather year round. Ok, so I don't want to live in Mexico necessarily, but you get my point.
See the little hut by the water? That is where Jason and I got our massages by the ocean. I thought it was great. I always love to get a good massage or a good facial. However, anyone that knows Jason knows that this is REALLY not his thing. So I was shocked when he agreed to go with me. His reaction when it was over, "I can't believe people actually spend money for that." Not really what I was hoping for, but at least he tried.
This day people were actually surfing, but you really can't see them.

Don't you love how the guys shirt behind me makes me look like I'm wearing a nurse's hat?
Jason at Playa Del Carmen
At our resort, on the shore of Puerto Aventuras
This was my friend that I made, Paola. She was part of the entertainment staff. She spoke very little English, but we managed to communicate. In case you ever want to go work in Mexico, she makes $23 a day and works 12 hours. Can you believe that? At the beginning of our stay she had a little crush on Jason. She was shocked when I had to tell her he was my husband and not my boyfriend. I guess in Mexico a wedding ring doesn't mean a whole lot. Anyway, by the end of the week we were BFFs.
Jason and I love to look at boats. You should have seen some of the yachts in the marina. Again, we are definitey missing out in Missouri.

1 comment:

Melissa (aka Kitty) said...

We have to stop going to cold places. I don't know why we never go to the beach. I'm jealous